Friday, January 25, 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips

I collect these little guys, and boy-howdy do they work! At first glance, they're your basic lip balm. They're super-moisturizing and lock in the hydration. The ads will have you believe its hydrating powers go on and on for 8 hours, but that's stretching the truth. Three to four hours is more like it, but these are so much fun to play with, you'll enjoy applying more often.  I love the scents each one has. Seriously, they're yummy! And the colors are sheer enough that every shade works on pretty much anyone. The purple shade is the most universally flattering, but the cherry-red is my favorite! These are perfect for a wide range of ages from tweens to seniors, as the colors are sheer and the shine isn't over the top. These come in six staple varieties: Quenched (clear), Peppermint (clear), Cherry Me (sheer red), Grape Vine (sheer purple), Pink Punch (sheer baby pink) and Peach Kiss (sheer peach). Every so often, Maybelline will release a limited edition color as well. I can see them carrying on with that for a good while, each time releasing something new and fun. Perhaps a coconut flavor for summer or a hot cocoa flavor for winter time?  That would be great! I know I'd buy them.  Below is a shot of me wearing Pink Punch.  I'm very light-skinned (about a MAC NC10-15).  Product retails for $2.97. maybelline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment