Saturday, January 12, 2013

Benefit Ultra Radiance Re-hydrating Mist

For Christmas 2012, my sister-in-law gave me the Benefit Ultra Radiance Facial Re-hydrating Mist as a gift.  I've used several re-hydrating mists over the years, most recognizable being MAC's Fix Plus.  Before I continue though, let me explain how a hydrating mist is used.  It can be used on just-washed skin pre-moisturizer to add an extra dose of hydration before sealing it in with a cream. It can be used as a prep for foundation in place of a traditional moisturizer if your skin doesn't need a lot of moisture.  It can be used after your makeup is complete, to "set" the makeup - this means that it takes away the super-matte look that powdered skin can get.  I also like to use it on its own throughout the day just because it feels good and smells pretty.  So what's this stuff like?  It sprays a very fine mist of a beautifully-scented hydrator that has a cooling effect on the skin.  Benefit notes that the mist contains its tri-radiance complex, which sounds miraculous, but no miracles here.  When sprayed 3-4 times over makeup, it dries down to a satin finish without destroying your look.  When sprayed 5-6 times before moisturizer, it adds a second level of hydration.  I don't see much of a difference between this spray and MAC's, but I prefer the way that Benefit's spray smells. Product retails for $26.  benefitcosmetics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment