Monday, January 14, 2013

I purchased Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream in Light about 6 weeks ago, after I had given up on the Garnier BB Cream.  I was looking for something more in my shade range.  As a light-skinned redhead, the Garnier was too dark.  Maybelline offered a far wider variety of shades - 5 total.  I picked up the Light shade and got to work.  Now that I've had it and used it daily for a few weeks, I have a good idea of its strengths and weaknesses.  I like how it smells - doesn't smell like much of anything if you ask me, and that's good.  So many times I've had to stop using a product on my face because the scent has given me headaches.  It has a good level SPF to it.  The SPF 30 is higher than most foundations, and is recommended for year-round sun protection. Plus, it's a titanium dioxide sunscreen, so if you have a sensitivity to chemical sunblocks, this may be a better option for you. The color is spot-on for my light, neutral-toned skin.  Those who are super-fair and/or pink in tone might not find it such a great match, though.  It does moisturize, in fact, I can use this in place of a moisturizer under my foundation.  Now, let's see how it doesn't live up to its promises.  It is very sheer.  Like tinted moisturizer sheer.  BB Creams from Asia (where the technology originates) are all-in-one products: foundation, moisturizer, primer, SPF, skincare all wrapped into one tube.  Maybelline's doesn't have the coverage that a traditional BB is supposed to have.  Bottom line?  The product has a good range of shades and is sheer enough to be forgiving if it's not an exact match for your skin, but if you're looking for an actual BB Cream, better look elsewhere.  Product retails for $7.44 maybelline.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment