Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Coral Reef

Can I tell you a secret? A few years ago I was so over lipgloss. The market had become saturated with glosses, and I all I saw was glossy, nude lips everywhere I looked.  How boring! That's when I started reaching for lipsticks again, and I ended up with a huge collection of creams, shimmers, sheers and mattes. If a color of lipstick exists, I've probably got it. But now, I find I'm growing fond of glosses again. My lips in winter are hard to keep moisturized. I think it's just a combination of the indoor heat and my growing age, but yep, they're drier than they used to be in winters past. Lipstick just doesn't look good on chapped lips. But you can get away with a gloss on a dry lip and even benefit from it. I found Coral Reef by Revlon last May while on a bridal shoot. I had originally mixed it with Maybelline's Baby Lips in Pink Punch to get a gorgeous pastel, but I didn't try it on it's own. Lately, though, I've gotten my own tube, and I wear it every day.  It's very moisturizing, and such a pretty color on my skin. I don't have to worry about lining my lips. I don't even have to worry about exfoliating.  I just pop it on and go. It brightens my face, too. Because, let's face it, no girl wants a lipgloss that sucks the life out of her.  Yeah. So gloss is back! Rejoice!
Product retails for $5.99. revlon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment