Thursday, February 14, 2013

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Certainly Red

Do you know what the most amazing thing about red lipstick is?  It's the red's ability to make a face look a little more polished, a little more special, and a little more eye-catching.  I love blue-based reds in particular because the color makes my teeth look whiter.  Revlon's Certainly Red is a gorgeous blue-based red, that does just that very thing.  The lipstick itself is creamy with enough of a wax consistency for some decent staying-power.  It has no offensive or overpowering scent.  In fact, it has no scent at all from what I can tell.  I have a little ritual I do when I wear a red lip.  I tell you about it now, but I'll follow up down the line with a pictorial to better explain.  I start with exfoliation, then I line either with a red liner or with the lipstick and a brush.  I follow by going straight to the lip with the bullet.  I blot, then apply from the bullet again.  Blot then one last application.  That keeps a mother load of pigment on your lips and seals it in with a little bit of wax.  You'll be hard pressed to get it to fade completely after that.  Take the tube with you though, you will need to reapply.  All reds need touch-ups to look their best throughout the day. The classic black and gold tube retails for $7.99.  revlon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment